1 cup Gluten Free flour (I used Pamela’s Artisan)
1/2 teaspoon xantham gum
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 stick of softend butter
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons molasses
(If you do not have molasses you can use 3/4 brown sugar)
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup chocolate chips
2 cups frosting of your choice (I used milk chocolate and vanilla to be like the one bought from mall.)
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Grease 12 inch pizza pan with butter.
- Sift flour, baking soda, and salt together.
- In another bowl mix sugar and molasses together using a fork.
- Using a mixer (handheld or stand) mix flour mixture with softened butter. Once mixed well add the following in this order: sugar mixture, egg, and then vanilla extract. Beat until dough forms.
- Add chocolate chips and mix well.
- Try to make a large ball with cookie dough. Place ball in the middle of the pan. Spread out evenly, but leave 1 1/2-2 inches from the edge.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool then add icing/decorations of your choice.
You really need a 12 inch pan or larger. The cake will spread while baking and will spill over if not at least 12 inches.
Easy to make your own brown sugar and I find it makes my desserts better! It takes a good 2 minutes or more to mix well with a fork.
My cookie dough spread out on baking pan measured just over 9 inches. This leaves plenty of room and it never spills over.
You can see here how much it spreads while baking.