You really need a 12 inch pan or larger. The cake will spread while baking and will spill over if not at least 12 inches.
My cookie dough spread out on baking pan measured just over 9 inches. This leaves plenty of room and it never spills over.
You can see here how much it spreads while baking.
- 1 cup Gluten Free flour (I used Pamela’s Artisan)
- 1/2 teaspoon xantham gum
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick of softend butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 2 cups frosting of your choice (I used milk chocolate and vanilla to be like the one bought from mall.)
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Grease 12 inch pizza pan with butter.
- Sift flour, xantham gum, baking soda, and salt together.*Optional Make your own brown sugar: mix 3/4 cup granulated sugar and 1 1/2 tsp molasses together using a fork. (See pic above) I highly recommend but if you do not have molasses then use 3/4 cup of store bought brown sugar.
- Using a mixer (handheld or stand) mix flour mixture with softened butter. Once mixed well add the following in this order: sugar mixture, egg, and then vanilla extract. Beat until dough forms.
- Add chocolate chips and mix well.
- Try to make a large ball with cookie dough. Place ball in the middle of the pan. Spread out evenly, but leave 1 1/2-2 inches from the edge.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool then add icing/decorations of your choice.