This is super a moist cake and the perfect amount of chocolate flavor for me. I prefer a subtle chocolate flavor rather then a dark chocolate. This is perfect with a milk chocolate icing.
This recipe can be used for cakes or cupcakes. This recipe will make approximately 2 dozen cupcakes.
2 1/4 cups Gluten Free Flour (All Purpose or Pastry Flour) I use Sun Mills Pastry Flour (GF).
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp xantham gum
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
1 3/4 cups sugar
1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
1/3 cup oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup milk
1/2 cup water
4 large eggs
1. Preheat oven 350°
2. Mix all dry ingredients. GF Flour, baking soda, baking powder, xantham gum, cocoa and sugar.
3. Add softened butter, oil and vanilla.
4. Add milk, water and eggs to mixture. Mix well.
5. Pour batter in cupcake cups until cup is 3/4 full. I used a 1/4 cup measuring cup.
6. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
7. Let cool completely then frost and sprinkles.